Updated Grade Sheets

In addition to redoing my cover pages, vocabulary section, and grading rubric for next year, I also redid my grade sheets.  My students have 4 grade sheets glued into the beginning of their notebooks, one for each marking period.  It's my way of making sure they keep track of their grades.  Last year, I had way too many lines on my grade sheet:

 
I mean, I never give that many assignments in one marking period!

So for this coming year, I cut down the amount of assignments and also got rid of the date column.  I also changed the bottom up a bit.  I added a space to keep track of missed homework assignments.  I also included an equation for calculating their average each marking period.  (No matter how many times I demonstrated how to find it, the different weights confused so many of my students!)

I like it much better.  It's so much more practical!

Comments

  1. Love this idea! As my first year approaches I hope to incorporate interactive notebooks! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea and I am upset I never thought of it. One column I will add is for parent signatures so that I can know parents are seeing the marks. I would probably only have them sign test results but having the column there will help me remember and check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I'm reinstating INBs this year after three years not having them. Your blog is helping me pull in resources again! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that! I really loved using them this past year, as did my students!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts