Math Word Wall

My PDP (Professional Development Plan) requires that I have a Math Word Wall.  When this requirement first came about, I made a word wall using sentence strips.  It took a long time to create and when I sent them to my Processing Center to get laminated, only about 75% of the words made it back to me.  I was mad!

The next year, while shopping in Lakeshore, I came across this:



I decided that it was worth the $20.00 investment and bought them.  While you can use them on the rings as flashcards, I turned the cards into my Word Wall.  I love the colors and how the words are divided into categories.  Yes, some of the words are a little juvenile for my students, and there are some words that I wish were included.  But, for the most part, it covers all the basics and works for me.

I didn't hang up the Math Symbols cards this year because I already have several posters in my room with the symbols on them.  The cards fit perfectly onto a curved wall that I have in my room.  Don't they look great?


School starts Tuesday for me; kids come on Wednesday.  My room is pretty much ready to go!  I'll share final pictures soon!

Comments

  1. those are great and they do look awesome!!!

    Have a great first week!

    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are discontinued on the website. Where do you get most of your math posters at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they did discontinue them. A lot of my posters are from Bosland's in NJ (http://boslands.com). Some are from Lakeshore though.

      Delete
  3. Hi! First of all I would like to tell that you definitely have organized a marvelous website. I also wanted to ask you something that is connected with this blog. Do you have plans to write professionally or your blog is solely a hobby of yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I've never thought about writing professionally to be honest. It is intriguing though!

      Delete
  4. I love your blog! I also teach 7th grade through Algebra 1, and love your ideas! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts